Monday 12 March 2012

Laptop Hard Drive Replacement

New week and back on with the laptops are per usual. A young lady had a problem getting past the windows splash screen which immediately I presumed to be a corrupt system file. Infact it was a curve ball and something out of the ordinary for a laptop of its age as it was only just a year old!



After attempts to get into windows, re install and format the drive all which caused the laptop to hang and crash I removed the hard drive and plugged it in my caddy. It turns out the hard drive had died along with some uni work she had on there! After many attempts to retrieve anything to no avail I suggested I forward an email to her that she could take to get any extension with her work. It's a shame when parts die on a laptop especially one that is so new but it seems hardware is no longer built to last. Parts get cheaper but I guess quality in this situation had suffered for it. I replaced the hard drive with a solid reliable brand and hopefully she'll back up her work in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment