Friday 2 March 2012

Laptop Hinge Repair

Today I booked a job in which required a quite in depth diagnosis before I could fully understand what the problem was! A young lady called telling me her laptop hinge had snapped on one side. After closer inspect the hinge itself was fine but the top lid plastic which attaches to the hinge had come away from the screws as seen in the below picture.

Leeds Laptop Repairs Company


There are typically 2-3 screws that hold the laptops hinge to the plastic top lid taking the weight of the screen. Some how the screws had come out of the top lid and simply needed reattaching and re screwing back in. Once the screws were in and I tested the laptop open and closed ok which it did and informed her that no parts were necessary for the repair.

Sometimes we can be too quick to replace something when it isn't even broken or can be repaired at minimal cost. She and I were both delighted as I didn't have to order any parts which would have caused a longer turn around time and  more cost.

If you are in need of a laptop repair company and are based in or around Leeds then get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment